Sunday, September 20, 2020, 7:30 am Start
Following the first 12 miles of the full marathon course, the Rochester Half Marathon takes you on a 13.1-mile journey of the north side of the City of Rochester. You will traverse over four different bridges, with the historic Genesee River - and its breathtaking views - as a major highlight!
- A point-to-point course that starts at Maplewood Park and finishes at Frontier Field.
- The course is runner and walker friendly
- Capped at 1,500 participants
- USATF certified
5:00 am - 7:00 am Free shuttle buses from the finish line at Frontier Field to the start line at Maplewood Park
5:30 am - 7:15 am Day of Registration & Packet Pick-Up located near the start line at Maplewood Park
7:30 am Start time for the Rochester Marathon, Half Marathon, and Marathon Relay
2:00 pm Course closes
*There are NO PROCESSING FEES when registering online!
|By March 31||$80|
|April 1 - June 15||$85|
|June 16 - August 15||$90|
|August 16 - September 20||$100|
Registration for the half marathon is capped at 1,500 participants.
Referral Program: Participate in our Rochester Marathon referral program and earn cashback! After you register, share your personal referral link with friends & family and you can earn money off your registration fee. For every 3 people that register using your personal referral code, you will get a $15 refund (max of $45). It's super easy, and there's nothing to lose!
Cash awards will be presented to the first three overall male and first three overall female finishers of the half marathon.
|1st Overall Male/Female||$300|
|2nd Overall Male/Female||$200|
|3rd Overall Male/Female||$100|
Age Group Awards will also be presented to the top three male and female finishers in five year age groups: 18 and under, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 and over. There will be no duplication of awards.
If you're looking for a breathtaking course that takes you alongside a gorgeous river, complete with 3 waterfalls, includes views of Lake Ontario, and winds itself through a heck of a lot of history that created our great city, this course is for you! Just for fun, we've also thrown in 4 bridges, 2 scenic parks, and a couple of hills to provide the perfect mix of elevation change to challenge you along the way. Click here to view course maps and information.
Prepare yourself for the overwhelming support from spectators and volunteers along the course - especially from the neighborhoods along St. Paul and the high school athletes powering you up Brewer Street Hill. Not to mention, the pure excitement of the crowds along Morrie Silver Way as you make your way to the finish line outside Frontier Field.
This course is a runner and walker-friendly. The finish line will close at 2 pm. You must be at Relay Stop Thomas and Pattonwood by 12:05 pm otherwise you will be removed from course.
Half Marathon Course Records
Reid Coolsaet 1:07:31 2018
Melissa Johnson-White 1:20:25
Pace groups led by experienced pacers for a variety of times will be provided and organized by Fleet Feet Rochester. Running with a pace group will help you have a more successful half marathon experience by helping you to your goal time. Anyone can use this service, there is no charge for it. We plan to have pace groups for the following finishing times for the half marathon:
- Gender-Specific Brooks Long-Sleeve Technical Shirt. Sizing will be guaranteed to all participants registered by August 15. Anyone who registers on or after August 16 will still receive a gender-specific Brooks long-sleeve technical shirt, however, sizing will be based on current inventory at the time of registration.
- Custom Race Bib. Participants who are registered by August 15 will have their names pre-printed on their bib.
- Finishers Medal will be awarded to all finishers as they cross the finish line.
- Post-Race Party. There will be a live band and a fun, family zone with inflatable fun for the kids.
- Drop Bags. Fleet Feet will be providing athlete drop bags at the Fleet Feet Health & Wellness Expo. They will also be available on race day near the start line.
- Fleet Feet Recovery Zone. Local chiropractors and massage therapists will be offering complimentary treatments after you cross the finish line.
- Post Race Food. Participants will have access to plenty of post-race food following their run.
The Rochester Half Marathon is sanctioned by the USATF.