Join us In Person or Virtually this September 26th, 2021 for Rochester 1/2 Marathon & 5K!
Updated Participant Guide 2021 as of 9/20/21 6PM CLICK HERE for PDF GUIDE
Feel the energy around every corner. Come celebrate all that Rochester has to offer. The breathtaking views along the historic Genesee River. The overwhelming crowd support from neighbors and volunteers. The perfect mix of elevation changes to keep you challenged. The inspiration from participants alongside you. The Rochester 1/2 Marathon & 5K has it all.
Start Location for both events is Maplewood Park, Rochester, NY by Tennis Courts (Map of Location) - There is absolutely NO PARKING at the Start Line Neighborhood
Finish Location for both events is Frontier Field, Rochester, NY on Morrie Silver Way (Map of Location)
- The half marathon starts at 7:30AM.
- The 5K starts at 7:40AM
- Please note at this time the event is a mass start for each race but may potentially be wave start based on your projected finish time in the registration
Offering the following events:
- LIVE Half Marathon (13.1 Miles)
- LIVE 5K (3.1 Miles)
- Virtual Half Marathon
- Virtual 5K
The Virtual 5K and Half Marathon can be completed from September 26th - October 3rd, 2021
Live Registration Includes
- A chance to enjoy the gorgeous course, be with others and celebrate Rochester!
- Chip Timing
- Online Results
- Post Race Food
- Finisher Medal
- Short sleeve cotton T-shirts (5K) - guaranteed if registered by September 1st
- Long sleeve tech shirt (Half Marathon) - guaranteed if registered by September 1st
- Printable custom finisher certificate
Virtual Registration Includes
• Online Results
• Shipping of shirt (US Address) & medal if you cannot attend packet pickup (any packets that are not picked up will be mailed starting Tuesday, September 28th)
• Finisher Medal
• Short sleeve cotton T-shirts (5K), long sleeve tech shirt (Half Marathon) - guaranteed if registered by September 1st
• Printable custom finisher certificate
• Complete your race and submit your results between 7am, Sunday, September 26th and 11:59pm, Sunday, October 3rd
Below is the Long Sleeve Tech Top for Half Marathoners, the Unisex Cotton Tee for 5Kers and the finisher medals. (Please note: Shirt Color subject to change based on availability) - guaranteed if registered by September 1st
*Due to supply chain challenges shirts are guaranteed if registered by September 1st
|Fees||Thru July 31||August 1st - 31st||September 1st - 23rd|
* Fees are subject to processing fees
Registration CLOSES September 24th at 11:59PM
Currently In Person Packet Pickup is planned to be held at Fleet Feet @ The Armory - 155 Culver Rd, Rochester, NY 14620. It is HIGHLY ADVISED to go to Packet Pickup. Others may pick up your packet for you. You do not want to wait until Race Day.
- Friday, September 24th from 12PM - 7PM
- Saturday, September 25th from 10AM - 4PM
Race Day Packet Pickup - this is not advised.
- Sunday, September 26th at Frontier Field (the finish line area) inside the gates from 5:30AM to 7AM SHARP. Race Day Packet Pickup closes promtply at 7AM. Again waiting until race day is not advised.
*Please note, the above is subject to change.
Drop Bag Service
There will be complimentary Drop Bag Service at the start line courtesy of Fleet Feet. Some caviats:
- All items must fit into the drop bag provided at packet pickup. No other bags will be accepted.
- You must put your bib number on your drop bag - legibly.
- Because the 5K finishes so quickly, we indeed will not be able to get back to the finish and sort quickly. That said, bags for 5K pickup will be available at the finish line area starting at 8:30AM
- You must show your bib number in order to get your drop bag
- Please do not place any valuables such as car keys, money etc... in the bag
- We are not responsible for the loss of any items
You must maintain a 16 min/mile in order to finish within the 11AM time cutoff. Here is a pace chart to help determine where you are at by pace. Volunteers and on course support support will cease at the following time cuts based on the 16 minute mile. At this time road re-openings will occur as well. The finish line will close promptly at 11AM.
There will not be an awards ceremony. All in person and virtual finishers will be able to download a FInishers Certificate.
Overall/Age Group Awards:
- Overall Male & Female for 5K and Half
- Top 3 in Half Marathon Age Groups by Male & Female in 5 Year Age Groups for 5K & Half: (19 and Under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and Up)
- Top 2 in 5K Age Groups by Male & Female in 5 Year Age Groups for 5K & Half: (14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and Up)
- All awards will be available for pick up at Fleet Feet Armory starting Tuesday, September 28th at noon. If you'd like us to transfer your award to Fleet Feet Buffalo for pickup please email firstname.lastname@example.org
By registering for this event you are acknowledging that the date, time, location, and distance of the race may be changed, switched to virtual, or canceled at any time as deemed necessary by the Race Directors due to circumstances beyond their control. In the event that any of these scenarios happens or any other circumstances related to the organizers or participant, there will be no refunds, transfers, or deferrals allowed unless otherwise stated.