Sunday, September 22, 2019, 7:30am Start
The Rochester Marathon will take you on a 26.2 mile journey of the north side of the City of Rochester. You will traverse over four different bridges, with the historic Genesee River - and its breathtaking views - as a major highlight!
- A two loop course that starts at Maplewood Park and finishes at Frontier Field.
- The course is open for 6.5 hours (7:30am - 2:00pm); Marathoners must reach Driving Park Ave (approx Mile 11 1/2) by 10:30am
- USATF certified
- Boston Qualifier
5:00am - 7:00am Free shuttle buses from the the finish line at Frontier Field to the start line at Maplewood Park
5:30am - 7:15am Day of Registration & Packet Pick-Up located near the start line at Maplewood Park
7:30am Start time for the Rochester Marathon, Half Marathon and Marathon Relay
2:00pm Course closes
*There are NO PROCESSING FEES when registering online!
|Through June 15, 2019||$90|
|June 16, 2019 - August 15, 2019||$100|
|August 16, 2019 - September 22, 2019||$110|
Referral Program: Participate in our Rochester Marathon referral program and earn cash back! After you register, share your personal referral link with friends & family and you can earn money off your registration fee. For every 3 people that register using your personal referral code, you will get a $15 refund (max of $45). It's super easy, and there's nothing to lose!
Cash awards will be presented to first five overall male and first five overall female finishers of the full marathon.
|1st Overall Male/Female||$500|
|2nd Overall Male/Female||$400|
|3rd Overall Male/Female||$300|
|4th Overall Male/Female||$200|
|5th Overall Male/Female||$100|
Age Group Awards will also be presented to the top three male and female finishers in five year age groups: 18 and under, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 and over. There will be no duplication of awards.
If you're looking for a breathtaking course that takes you alongside a gorgeous river, complete with 3 waterfalls, includes views of Lake Ontario, and winds itself through a heck of a lot of history that created our great city, this course is for you! Just for fun, we've also thrown in 4 bridges, 2 scenic parks, and a couple of hills to provide the perfect mix of elevation change to challenge you along the way. Click here to view course maps and information.
Prepare yourself for overwhelming support from spectators and volunteers along the course - especially from the neighborhoods along St. Paul and the high school athletes powering you up Brewer Street Hill. Not to mention, the pure excitement of the crowds along Morrie Silver Way as you make your way to the finish line outside Frontier Field.
There is a 6.5 hour course limit for the full marathon. Participants need to maintain a 15-minute/mile or less pace. Full Marathoners need to be to Driving Park Avenue (approx Mile 11 1/2) by 10:30 am to be allowed to start their 2nd loop to stay on the Full Marathon course. If they reach Driving Park after 10:30 am, they will continue straight towards the finish line to complete the Half Marathon and will receive a Half Marathon medal and be placed in the Half Marathon results. Click here to see a chart of what time you need to pass each mile by to keep up to pace.
The finish line will close at 2pm.
Marathon Course Records: Male 2:33:21 Female 2:55:26
Pace groups led by experienced pacers for a variety of times will be provided and organized by Fleet Feet Rochester. Running with a pace group will help you have a more successful marathon experience by helping you to your goal time. Anyone can use this service, there is no charge for it. We plan to have pace groups for the following finishing times for the full marathon:
- Gender Specific Long-Sleeve Technical Shirt. Sizing will be guaranteed to all participants registered by August 15, 2019. Anyone who registers on or after August 16, 2019 will still receive a gender specific 1/4 zip, long-sleeve technical shirt, however, sizing will be available on a first come basis during the Fleet Feet Health & Wellness Expo on September 20 & 21, 2019. Shirts are available to try on for sizing at the Fleet Feet Armory store location!
- Custom Race Bib. Participants who are registered by August 15, 2019 will have their name pre-printed on their bib.
- Finishers Medal will be awarded to all finishers as they cross the finish line.
- Post Race Party. There will be a live band and a fun, family zone with inflatable fun for the kids.
- Drop Bags. Fleet Feet will be providing athlete drop bags at Fleet Feet Health & Wellness Expo. They will also be available on race day near the start line.
- Fleet Feet Recovery Zone. Local chiropractors and massage therapists will be offering complimentary treatments after you cross the finish line.
- Post Race Food. Participants will have access to plenty of post race food following their run.
The Rochester Marathon is a Boston Marathon Qualifier and is sanctioned by the USATF.