Sunday, September 17, 2017, 7:30am Start
The Marathon Relay will take teams of 3 or 4 runners on a 26.2 mile journey of the north side of the City of Rochester. They will traverse over four different bridges, with the historic Genesee River - and its breathtaking views - as a major highlight!
5:00am-7:00am Free shuttle buses from the the finish line at Frontier Field to the start line at Maplewood Park
5:30am-7:25am Day of Registration & Packet Pick-Up located near the start line at Maplewood Park
7:30am Start time for the Rochester Marathon, Half Marathon and Marathon Relay
2:00pm Course closes
*There are NO PROCESSING FEES when registering online!
|Through June 11, 2017||$165|
|June 12, 2017 - August 13, 2017||$175|
|August 14, 2017 - September 10, 2017||$185|
|September 11, 2017 - September 17, 2017||$195|
Registration for the marathon relay is capped at 135 teams.
Referral Program: Participate in our Rochester Marathon referral program and earn cash back! After you register, share your personal referral link with friends & family and you can earn money off your registration fee. For every 3 people that register using your personal referral code, you will get a $15 refund (max of $45). It's super easy, and there's nothing to lose!
Awards will be presented to the marathon relay team finishing first in each of the categories:
- Male Open
- Female Open
- Mixed Open
- Male Masters*
- Female Masters*
- Mixed Masters*
*Each runner must be 40 or over to qualify as a Masters Team. There will be no duplication of awards.
The Marathon Relay course is the same as the marathon course. Participants must have a minimum of three or a maximum of four runners per team. Distances covered by each relay runner differ. If a team consists of three members, one member will be required to run two relay leg distances (they can be consecutive legs, but don't have to be).
1st Leg – Start Line to O’Rorke Bridge (approx. 5.5 miles)
2nd Leg – O’Rorke Bridge to Maplewood Park (approx. 5 miles)
3rd Leg – Maplewood Park to O’Rorke Bridge (approx. 8 miles)
4th Leg – O’Rorke Bridge to Finish (approx. 8 miles)
Click here to view course maps and information.
Prepare yourself for overwhelming support from spectators and volunteers along the course - especially from the neighborhoods along St. Paul and the high school athletes powering you up Brewer Street Hill. Not to mention, the pure excitement of the crowds along Morrie Silver Way as you make your way to the finish line outside Frontier Field.
This course is runner and walker friendly. The finish line will close at 2pm.
- Gender Specific Technical Shirt. Sizing will be guaranteed to all participants registered by August 15, 2017. Anyone who registers on or after August 16, 2017 will still receive a gender specific technical shirt, however, sizing will be available on a first come basis during the Fleet Feet Sports Health & Wellness Expo on September 15 & 16, 2017.
- Custom Race Bib. Participants who are registered by August 15, 2017 will have their name pre-printed on their bib.
- Athlete Tracking. Friends and family have the option of receiving text alerts as you cross over the timing mats at five different points along the course. Or if you'd rather, real-time phone tracking is provided for an additional fee by RaceJoy.
- Finishers Medal will be awarded to all finishers as they cross the finish line.
- Post Race Party. There will be a live band and a fun, family zone with inflatable fun for the kids.
- Drop Bags. Fleet Feet Sports will be providing athlete drop bags at Packet Pick-Up/Marathon Expo. They will also be available on race day near the start line.
- Fleet Feet Sports Recovery Zone. Local chiropractors and massage therapists will be offering complimentary treatments after you cross the finish line.
- Post Race Food. Participants will have access to plenty of post race food following their run.
- Free Race Photos. Participants will have access to free photo downloads following the event.
Each Relay Team member will receive a bib with your team name on it. None of these bibs will have the timing chip attached to it. Your team will also receive ONE bib with the word “TIMING” on it. This timing bib has a timing chip attached to the back and it will be attached to a belt. This belt will have to be passed & worn by each member of the team while running their respective legs. For example, if you are running “Leg 1”, you will wear the belt with the timing bib and after you are done with your leg, you will then pass it to your team member who is running “Leg 2”, etc. Whoever is running the final leg needs to be wearing this belt to be sure that your team time registers at the finish line.
Shuttle Buses to Relay Exchange Points
Shuttle Buses will be available to take you to the relay points and to pick up Relay runners and return them to Frontier Field. We ask that all runners are patient in terms of waiting for the shuttle buses to return you to Frontier Field. The course must be navigated by the buses as safely as possible, so your patience will be greatly appreciated. Shuttle buses will be provided to only participants that are wearing their race numbers. No spectators will be allowed on these buses.
Each relay exchange point will have water available for Relay participants & porta-potties.
Parking at Relay Exchange Points
The two Relay exchange points are at the O'Rorke Bridge and at Maplewood Park (in the same spot as the Start of the race). Shuttle Buses from Frontier Field will be provided. If Relay participants prefer to drive to their exchange or get dropped off, parking information for both locations are below.
Changes in Team Members
You can switch Relay team members through August 31st for no charge. For any changes made September 1st or later, there will be a $10 administrative fee to make the change. All team members must fill out a registration form and sign the waiver before a change can be made. All change requests must be made prior to September 11th - no exceptions. To make a change, please click here.