Sunday, September 17, 2017, 7:30am Start
Following the first 12 miles of the full marathon course, the Rochester Half Marathon takes you on a 13.1 mile journey of the north side of the City of Rochester. You will traverse over four different bridges, with the historic Genesee River - and its breathtaking views - as a major highlight!
- A point-to-point course that starts at Maplewood Park and finishes at Frontier Field.
- The course is runner and walker friendly
- Capped at 2,400 participants
- USATF certified
5:00am-7:00am Free shuttle buses from the the finish line at Frontier Field to the start line at Maplewood Park
5:30am-7:25am Day of Registration & Packet Pick-Up located near the start line at Maplewood Park
7:30am Start time for the Rochester Marathon, Half Marathon and Marathon Relay
2:00pm Course closes
*There are NO PROCESSING FEES when registering online!
|Through June 11, 2017||$75|
|June 12, 2017 - August 13, 2017||$80|
|August 14, 2017 - September 10, 2017||$85|
|September 11, 2017 - September 17, 2017||$90|
Registration for the half marathon is capped at 2,400 participants.
Referral Program: Participate in our Rochester Marathon referral program and earn cash back! After you register, share your personal referral link with friends & family and you can earn money off your registration fee. For every 3 people that register using your personal referral code, you will get a $15 refund (max of $45). It's super easy, and there's nothing to lose!
Cash awards will be presented to first five overall male and first five overall female finishers of the half marathon.
|1st Overall Male/Female||$500|
|2nd Overall Male/Female||$400|
|3rd Overall Male/Female||$300|
|4th Overall Male/Female||$200|
|5th Overall Male/Female||$100|
Age Group Awards will also be presented to the top three male and female finishers in five year age groups: 18 and under, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 and over. There will be no duplication of awards.
If you're looking for a breathtaking course that takes you alongside a gorgeous river, complete with 3 waterfalls, includes views of Lake Ontario, and winds itself through a heck of a lot of history that created our great city, this course is for you! Just for fun, we've also thrown in 4 bridges, 2 scenic parks, and a couple of hills to provide the perfect mix of elevation change to challenge you along the way. Click here to view course maps and information.
Prepare yourself for overwhelming support from spectators and volunteers along the course - especially from the neighborhoods along St. Paul and the high school athletes powering you up Brewer Street Hill. Not to mention, the pure excitement of the crowds along Morrie Silver Way as you make your way to the finish line outside Frontier Field.
This course is runner and walker friendly. The finish line will close at 2pm.
Pace groups led by experienced pacers for a variety of times will be provided and organized by Fleet Feet Sports. Running with a pace group will help you have a more successful marathon experience by helping you to your goal time. Anyone can use this service, there is no charge for it. We plan to have pace groups for the following finishing times for the full marathon:
- Gender Specific Technical Shirt. Sizing will be guaranteed to all participants registered by August 15, 2017. Anyone who registers on or after August 16, 2017 will still receive a gender specific technical shirt, however, sizing will be available on a first come basis during the Fleet Feet Sports Health & Wellness Expo on September 15 & 16, 2017.
- Custom Race Bib. Participants who are registered by August 15, 2017 will have their name pre-printed on their bib.
- Athlete Tracking. Friends and family have the option of receiving text alerts as you cross over the timing mats at five different points along the course. Or if you'd rather, real-time phone tracking is provided for an additional fee by RaceJoy.
- Finishers Medal will be awarded to all finishers as they cross the finish line.
- Post Race Party. There will be a live band and a fun, family zone with inflatable fun for the kids.
- Drop Bags. Fleet Feet Sports will be providing athlete drop bags at the Fleet Feet Sports Health & Wellness Expo. They will also be available on race day near the start line.
- Fleet Feet Sports Recovery Zone. Local chiropractors and massage therapists will be offering complimentary treatments after you cross the finish line.
- Post Race Food. Participants will have access to plenty of post race food following their run.
- Free Race Photos. Participants will have access to free photo downloads following the event.
The Rochester Half Marathon is sanctioned by the USATF.