The Kids Marathon is a great way for kids 12 and under to participate in marathon weekend. As a participant, your child will run or walk the distance of a full marathon (26.2 miles) over the course of five weeks.
How It Works
On Sunday, August 13th, we'll gather at Seneca Park to complete our first mile together. This is where you will receive everything you need to complete the Kids Marathon, including a tracking sheet, a Kids Marathon decal and a Kids Marathon water bottle. We'll have the experts from Fleet Feet Sports on hand with mini clinics to help educate you (stretching, proper footwear, safety on the road); as well as fun kid-themed activities provided by the YMCA of Greater Rochester.
Then using the honor system, your child will track the miles they run or walk (in 1/4 mile increments) on their official tracking form. Their goal should be to complete 5 miles each week for a total of 25 miles. To keep them motivated along the way, they can bring their tracking form into either Fleet Feet Sports location (Armory, 155 Culver Road or Ridgeway, 2522 Ridgeway Ave.) to receive a high five and a toe token once they've reached the milestones of 5 miles, 10 miles, 15 miles, 20 miles and 25 miles. These rewards are available any time the stores are open, but we encourage you to attend our FREE group workouts on Mondays at 6pm (Ridgeway, 2522 Ridgeway Ave.) and Tuesdays at 6pm (Armory, 155 Culver Road).
On Saturday, September 16th, we'll gather at Frontier Field to complete the final 1.2 miles of their marathon. Once they cross the official Rochester Marathon Weekend finish line, they'll receive their official Kids Marathon finisher's medal!
- Sunday, August 13th - Kids Marathon Kickoff | Seneca Park | 11am
- Friday, September 15th - Fleet Feet Sports Health & Wellness Expo | Fleet Feet Sports @ The Armory | 10am-7pm
- Saturday, September 16th - Race Day | Frontier Field | 8am
- Official Mileage Tracking Form (available at the Kickoff on August 13th)
- Kids Marathon Decal (available at the Kickoff on August 13th)
- Kids Marathon Water Bottle (available at the Kickoff on August 13th)
- Special Savings At Fleet Feet Sports (vouchers available at the Kickoff on August 13th)
- Weekly Training Tips (via an electronic newsletter)
- Endless Encouragement From Fleet Feet Sports FIT Staff (as often as is needed, just stop by either store)
- Toe Tokens (available from Fleet Feet Sports once you've reached the milestones of 5 miles, 10 miles, 15 miles, 20 miles and 25 miles)
- Weekly Group Run/Walk (optional group workouts from Fleet Feet Sports every Monday (Ridgeway) and Tuesday (Armory) evening at 6pm)
- Kids Marathon T-Shirt (available at the Fleet Feet Sports Health & Wellness Expo on September 15th)
- Kids Marathon Race Bib (available at the Fleet Feet Sports Health & Wellness Expo on September 15th)
- Kids Marathon Finisher's Medal (available at Frontier Field on September 16th)
- The cost of the program is $26.20
- Registration will close at 11:59pm on August 31, 2017
- Adults runners can accompany their child on their final 1.2 mile run/walk on September 16th. However, for safety reasons, we ask that you register in advance. There is no fee.